Monday, January 4, 2010

Can I get some fries with that?

Happy New Year!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful time bringing in 2010! I turned a year older over here. Along with every one else in Korea. Their age system is quite different. When Koreans are born they are 1 year old. Then instead of turning a year older on their birthday, they all turn a year older on January 1st, the new year. Every time one of my students has a birthday, it's just a reaction for me to ask "how old are you turning?" ..and thats when I get a blank stare, "uh I'm still 7 teacher." It's just a weird concept. So I am pretty old over here - 25. (23 American age)

I thought I would share a little of what I eat every day at school. Keep in mind these are a few of the things that I eat. There are many odd things I don't eat, such as sardines, kimchi soup, rice cakes with red sauce (which tastes like spicy marshmellows) It changes every day and theres no schedule of whats for lunch - it varies between about 15 options. Every meal comes with rice, kimchi, vegatable of somesort (usually seaweed stuff or bean sprouts), a main dish, and soup. I never eat the soup though because it's usually tofu soup, or a fishy soup.



Rice and curry, with bean sprouts.




Quail eggs, dried seaweed, and kimchi




Tuna and potatoes.



Spicy, but delicious bulgogi (pork)



Egg omelet square things.



Donkansa (fried pork cutlet) and a very yummy egg/apple salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment